Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Thank God for only 2!

2 cavities that is... I never thought I would be glad about cavities. But here is the story: So, I hadn't been to the dentist in awhile... so I looked up a dentist on my insurance's website. I found one that was really close to where I live. Not going to the say the name on here, but we'll call CDA (aka "cavity factory" by another dentist) for short. So, I go to CDA, get my teeth cleaned, x-rays done, all that good stuff and then they start checking my teeth! This dentist tells me I have 8 + cavities!! I am freaking out at this moment... I mean I know I haven't been to the dentist in awhile... but 8 is alot! So, I decided after much thought and pray that I needed to get a 2nd opinion. I go to the dentist who have gone to for years (only reason I didn't go before is because you have to file your own insurance) and she looks at my new x-rays and says, to my relief, that I only have 2 cavities! whoo! Such a relief! For the record... I trust her because I and my family have been going to her for years.

Lessons learned:
1) Stick to what you know! I should have gone to my family dentist from the beginning.
2) If something seems really outrageous... get a 2nd opinion!
3) ALWAYS get recommendations before you get a new dentist.

Thanking God for two cavities and not eight! :) 

1 comment:

  1. ha ha!! WOW! That is ridiculous! Just to encourage you, the money comes back pretty quick once you send in the form. Matt and I both got our teeth cleaned right before we left and the checks came in the mail the day we moved out...only 2 weeks later

    ReplyDelete